Table of Contents
What are Twitch drops?
Drops are a popular feature of the Amazon-owned streaming platform Twitch. Through partnerships with game publishers, Twitch offers drop campaigns for many different games at any time. These drops let you earn valuable in-game items for watching a certain time of gaming streams. In the past, Twitch drops have been available for countless popular games including CoD: Warzone, Cyberpunk 2077, Apex Legends and PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS. Dropped items often include loot boxes or skins. These are often worth quite some money when purchased through the game, so farming for drops is always a good idea.
What do I need in order to get a Twitch drop?
Twitch drops are open to anyone with a Twitch account. There is no need to be an Amazon Prime customer to get a drop. The exact process differs slightly depending on each game. In general, you need to link your Twitch account to your in-game account. Once you are logged in to your Twitch account, the process is easy:
- Visit this link to check for ongoing drop campaigns and select the drop campaign of your favorite game
- Watch one of the participating channels for the minimum time required and hit the Claim button
- Launch the game, your Dropped items should already be in your inventory!
Why use a VPN to farm Twitch drops?
Twitch is launching an increasing number of region locked drops. These can only be farmed by users located in certain parts of the world. There have been a large number of Asia-only drops for certain games, for example. These drops typically require you to also watch streamers from the specific region of the drop. If you are not that interested in the stream, you can simply leave the stream running in the background and turn the volume off, of course.
In order to be eligible for region locked drops, you need create a new Twitch account in the region of the drop. Since Twitch accounts are free, all you need to get an “Asian” Twitch account is an E-mail address and a VPN connection to a server in Asia. The same works for European, North American, Latin American and all other Regions, of course.
How to get a Region locked Twitch drop using a VPN
Let’s say you are after an Asia-exclusive drop, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Fire up your VPN Software and connect to a server in Asia (e.g. Tokyo, Japan)
- Log out of Twitch or use an incognito/private browser window and visit Twitch
- Hit “Sign Up” and complete the registration process using any E-mail address you have not used with Twitch before
- Unlink your old Twitch account from your in-game account (the process differs from game to game, please google for instructions for your game)
- Link your new Twitch account to your in-game account (again, the process here is slightly different for each game)
- Start watching the streams required to get the drop and claim the drop once you’ve spent enough time watching
You can also look for instructions on the website of your favorite game. It is usually not required to use the VPN while watching the streams. Signing up for Twitch using the VPN should be enough. You can now farm drops in different regions of the world by simply creating a Twitch account for each region and then swapping between these accounts!
Which VPN is best to claim Region locked Twitch drops?
Naturally, we recommend using our own VPN service, Shellfire VPN. We offer a free service that is restricted to a few VPN servers in Germany and the US, so you could use that to farm EU and US drops for free. However, many of the interesting drops are exclusive to Asia and Latin America, so check out our paid plans! We offer access to VPN servers in 40 countries, covering all continents (okay, except for Antarctica…) and Twitch regions.
Using a VPN offers a great deal of other benefits as well including protection of your privacy and access to plenty of exclusive online services. Sign up now, it’s simply a no-brainer!