In an age of evolving digital threats and increasing cyber attacks, the global emphasis on cyber security has never been more pronounced. Enter the ‘Zero Trust’ model, a security strategy that operates on the principle of ‘never trust, always verify.’ As regions from Europe to Asia Pacific are making strides in adopting this model, its significance is being recognized not merely as a trend but as a necessary shift in the realm of cybersecurity. This article delves into the global adaptation and embracement of the Zero Trust model, highlighting its growth trajectory, regional implementations, and the leading enterprises championing its cause.
Table of Contents
- 82% of European governmental security decision-makers have faith in zero trust’s implementation within their organizations .
- Non-governmental security decision-makers in Europe follow closely, with 72% endorsing zero trust .
- The anticipated value of the zero trust security market is expected to hit $66.08 billion by 2027 .
- The Zero Trust Security Market in North America is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 17.2% between 2020 and 2026 .
Zero Trust Statistics:
European Embrace of Zero Trust
In Europe, the zero trust model is gaining traction, especially within governmental institutions. A striking 82% of security decision-makers in these institutions believe their organizational infrastructure is committed to the zero trust paradigm. Comparatively, their counterparts in non-governmental or public sector entities are not far behind, with 72% expressing confidence in the zero trust approach .
Paradigm Shift in the Asia Pacific
Back in 2020, APAC organizations were somewhat negligent in prioritizing security. As evidence, 29% of executive security decision-makers considered the lack of visibility and influence as a predominant IT security concern . By 2022, business moguls in the region had become the primary backers of Zero Trust .
European Concerns Surrounding Zero Trust
While zero trust promises a robust security posture through its intense monitoring principle, it also raises eyebrows in terms of privacy, especially in Europe . Transparency about data usage, its processing methods, and steps taken to safeguard employee privacy are essential for its widespread adoption .
Global Market Forecast
With geopolitical tensions affecting global economies, the zero trust security market emerges as a beacon of growth, expected to swell to $66.08 billion by 2027 .
North American Market Insights
Zero trust is also making waves in North America, with forecasts predicting its growth at a CAGR of 17.2% from 2020 to 2026 .
Leading Players in Zero Trust
Renowned global players in the zero trust market include Palo Alto Networks, VMware, Zscaler, and Microsoft, among others, with strategies that encompass partnerships, collaborations, and product innovations .
The adoption of zero trust is more than just a fleeting trend. It’s a testament to the world’s recognition of evolving cyber threats. Regions from Europe to Asia Pacific and North America are embracing this model, driven by both its security promises and the global leaders championing its cause.
- Infosecurity Magazine. Two-Thirds of European Firms Have Started Zero Trust. Available from: Link
- Forrester. Zero Trust Finally Moves From Concept To Reality For Asia Pacific Firms. Available from: Link
- BankInfoSecurity. Forrester Report: Zero Trust Adoption in Europe Is High. Available from: Link
- The Business Research Company. Zero Trust Security Market Report 2023. Available from: Link
- KBV Research. North America Zero Trust Security Market. Available from: Link
- Markets and Markets. Zscaler (US) and Microsoft (US) are leading players in Zero Trust Security Market. Available from: Link