Comparison table: Free, Premium, Premium Plus
Connection Free Premium Premium Plus Surf the web anonymously Hide your own IP address Encrypted internet connection Safely use public wifi hotspots Traffic / data volume unlimited unlimited unlimited Speed
Change location at all times Streaming websites YouTube (all videos) Hulu Netflix ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and many more server Germany Usa Austria Belgium Canada Switzerland Denmark Spain France United Kingdom Hong Kong Italy Netherlands Poland Romania Russian Federation Sweden Australia Chile Finland Greece Isle of Man Iceland Japan Luxembourg Singapore Misc No delay when connecting No popup ads VPN Types OpenVPN PPTP VPN L2TP / IPSec VPN Operating Systems / devices Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 Mac OS X Linux iPhone, iPad, iPod Android (smartphones, tablets) dd-wrt routers Prices 1 month free 3,95 euros 7,95 euros 3 months free 9,95 euros 19.95 euros 12 months free 34.95 euros 59.90 euros Windows Download
Mac OS X Download
Order now Order now
- Shellfire VPN has been tested by the Chip.de editorial staff and received the popular award "CHIP Pick":
- "allows anonymous and - because of the encryption - safe surfing"
Use services otherwise exclusive to certain countries
- Many iInternet-services are only available from certain countries. By using Shellfire VPN, it is possible to use these Services, because the Internet \"thinks\" the user would be in another Country. Shellfire operates server in 26 countries, thereby allowing you full access to various Services, e.g. Netfilx, Hulu, Pandora or Zattoo. Changing the Server from one country to another is easily possible using our customer center or our apps.
- Security for Hotspot-Surfers
- Free choice of IP addresses in 26 countries
- unlimited highspeed internet
- unlimited traffic (fair-use)
- Surf The Internet Anonymously
- 128 - 256 bit encryption
- Virtual Firewall
- Unblock VOIP Applications (e.g. Skype)
The security in the internet is often poor these days.
- Public Wifi Hotspots, e.g. in hotels, cafés or fastfood-restauratns offer a quick and easy possibility to check emails or chat with friends. But did you know that in these networks it is - even for amateurs - very easy to see your unencrypted data transfer simply from any other seat around? Emails, passwords and other sensitive data can quickly be obtained by the wrong people.
- In order to secure your data, you must encrypt them reiliably. This is offered by vpn accounts from Shellfire. Installation is easy and you don't have to install additional software (except when using OpenVPN). Use them with a few clicks, and as soon as the connection has been finished, you can surf securely even in the most dodgy networks.
- Pick a vpn provider you trust.
- Please be careful when comparing vpn providers.
- Many start up companies could use your data for other purposed.
- Shellfire offers internet services since 2002 and has several thousand happy customers.
Security for Wifi / Hotspot-Surfers
- Basically all publicly available wireless networks can be intercepted by other participants in the wireless lan. Passwords, emails and other personal information are in danger if not secured properly!
- Details (in German): Computerbild.de Ratgeber: Surfen am Hotspot
- Some further articles:
Firewall Evasion and internet censorship
- In many countries, the internet is censored by the government, so that many offers aren't available. These trials of censorship can be evaded using a non censored vpn server. The government will not even find out about the webpages you visit.
- Company Firewalls
- Many companies restrict the internet access of their business networks. By using a VPN server, this censoring can be evaded. We have to make it clear at this point, that we can not take responsibility for the unauthorized usage of our services. Please contact a system administrator first, before using VPN by Shellfire in a business network.
Computer Bild 11/2014: First Place "the best apps"
- Shellfire VPN for Android was ranked first place in Europe's best selling computer magazine Computer Bild in the category "the best apps" (issue 11/2014).
- "Be online encrypted and anonymous in a heartbeat."
- "Surf safely with this app, because it uses a secure data tunnel."
- Again in 2015, Shellfire VPN was recommended by Computer Bild magazine.
- "This app protects from data theft and espionage, because it encrypts your connection to the Internet."
- (Source: Computer Bild 14/2015)
Worldclass Apps for Windows, Mac & Android
- It's child's play to connect to your Shellfire VPN with our apps for Windows, Mac and Android.
- But no worries: Even for iOS, the Connection is set up in a heartbeat.
What is VPN?
- A vpn from Shellfire offers you a secure connection between your computer and one of your Shellfire Server, that can be used over the internet.
- The encryption of your data to a ShellfireVPN, avoids other network users to access your data. You surf the internet with another ip address and therefore remain anonymous.
What is Shellfire VPN Free?
- Shellfire VPN Free is a free software for Windows, Mac and Android that you can download and install on your computer. It allows you to enjoy our VPN service super conveniently.
- We also offer a premium version that offers many advantages over the free version.
No spyware, malware or viruses
- Shellfire VPN is 100% clean, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. This has been certified by Softpedia in an independent test:
Internet Connection without Shellfire VPN
- All data packages are directy sent to the internet unencrypted. Other participants in local networks, e.g. public wi-fi's can easily spy upon these packages.
Internet Connection with Shellfire VPN
- The internet connection is secured by an encrypted connection to Shellfire VPN. Others in local networks are not able to spy upon these packages, as they are highly encrypted.
Does it work with my ...?
- Shellfire VPN can be used with a wide variety of devices and operating systems.
- Have a look at the table on the right to find out, if our VPN services are available for your device. For all listed devices and operating systems, we offer a simple tutorial that is guided with many screenshots.
VPN Types with Shellfire VPN Premium / Premium Plus
- The following Options are availble with premium and premium plus accounts:
Vpn Type PPTP OpenVPN L2TP / IPSec Encryption 128 bit MPPE 192 bit AES 168 bit 3DES Authorisation Username / Password X.509 Certificate X.509 Certificate Additional Client Required Setup Complexity easy medium difficult Shellfire VPN for Windows Support Shellfire VPN for Mac Support ShellfireVPN for Android Support Premium order order Premium Plus order order order
- Our free software Shellfire VPN is of course also available for users with a premium account and allows using our vpn services conveniently with all premium advantages.
Which vpn technologies are the Shellfire VPN apps based on?
- The Shellfire VPN apps for Windows, Mac and Android are based on OpenVPN, a wide spread open source vpn solution.
- With Shellfire VPN it is child's play to setup a private vpn connection.
- OpenVPN provides the best security and is the most firefall friendly, because it uses port 443, which is usually not blocked by firewalls. However, OpenVPN required downloading and installation of a separate application, the OpenVPN Client.
- Order OpenVPN now
- PPTP works with many Windows versions and is the most easy to configure, but also only provides a less degree of security. Furthermore, it is not as firewall friendly as OpenVPN.
- Order PPTP VPN now
L2TP / IPSec VPN
- L2TP via IPSec provides higher security than PPTP, but is the most difficult to setup. Similar to PPTP, the support for L2TP via IPSec is already integrated in modern Operating Systems, so that it is not neccessary to download an additional client software.
- Order L2TP / IPSec VPN now
Unblock VOIP Applications (e.g. Skype)
- Many hdspa providers artificially block voice over ip products. When voice over ip traffic is routed via a vpn connection, it cannot be detected as such anymore. This enables voce over ip!
- Warning: Not every mobile provider allows using voice over ip software in their hdspa/3g network. Please find out what is written in your mobile contract.
Anonymity in the Internet
- You can check this after a succesful establishment of the vpn connection at www.whatismyip.org.
- Internet Attacks often aim for a specific ip address. WIth a vpn connection your own ip address is not visible in the internet, because the ip address of the shellfire vpn will be displayed instead. Shellfire servers are build from the most modern hardware, are permanently monitored and are very good protected against attackers.
- Compared to a regular proxy-server, the whole internet connection is encrypted (that means also ICQ, Email, FTP, News, etc.)
Protection from your own isp (internet provider)
- Evern for your own internet provider, the internet traffic is encrypted, so that he can not "read" your traffic. Your provider therefore cannot know, which web sites you visit.